Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I back chronicle x, just to get some cool minis for core space?

2 posters

Go down

Should I back chronicle x, just to get some cool minis for core space? Empty Should I back chronicle x, just to get some cool minis for core space?

Post by Onus bray 12/19/2017, 11:04 pm

Hi guys was looking for cool minis for core space, which I intend to use as a gaming tool box, as well as the game it's self.
I saw chronicle x, have any of you backed it ?
And it buy Archon ...So...

Onus bray

Back to top Go down

Should I back chronicle x, just to get some cool minis for core space? Empty Re: Should I back chronicle x, just to get some cool minis for core space?

Post by thothkins 12/20/2017, 11:56 am

I have a lot of love for X-Com but...

- This company have had one KS where backers were treated terribly. Into it's 5th year with some backers not receiving their pledges. A couple of the minis in this are unicast versions of minis intended for a version of that game I think.

- The rules for that game were a mess. I read they were caught copying and pasting rules from another game into the ones for another of their KSs.

- Comments from their other KSs that would indicate at least some very unhappy backers there too.

- There's no recognition of previous issues at all from them. So, if there were issues in this one, expect the same level of response from the comments section of their next KS.

With their endless drive through to further KSs, I'd worry that the game wouldn't get ongoing support.

So, the above alone raises plenty of red flags for me.

I'm not convinced at how X-Com like it really is:-

- They are making a lot on stretch goals by putting minis from lines they've already produced into them. Handy for bumping up stock for those too.

Marketing will be talking about synergy through their line and rewarding backers who support that vision.

I just see it as a way of milking money for non X-Com like lines and (through their loyalty minis) trying to push collector buttons. They don't want to miss out on something in the range, regardless of the dodgy quality of the games themselves.

There's no shortage of games out there, and no shortage of good companies looking for support. If this lot don't get nailed for skirting too close to X-Com property rights, then there could well be other X-Com like games around too.

I'll wait for one of those.
thothkins
thothkins

Back to top Go down

Should I back chronicle x, just to get some cool minis for core space? Empty Re: Should I back chronicle x, just to get some cool minis for core space?

Post by Onus bray 12/20/2017, 6:39 pm

They do seem to be cowboys, have u looked at there comment page in regards to the rules, it's shocking, and they have just done a terror from the deep add on, I t looks crap,
Thanx mate

Onus bray

Back to top Go down

Post by thothkins 12/20/2017, 9:02 pm

I looked when someone first mentioned it, and when Drew said he'd put up a few questions.

I've no reason to go back to it. I'm not exactly surprised at your update Smile

More than enough red flags for me to stay well clear of Smile

I suggested an underwater add-on for Battle Sytems, but apparently no one wanted a soggy mess of cardboard arriving on their doorstep Smile
thothkins
thothkins

Back to top Go down

Post by Onus bray 12/20/2017, 10:40 pm

Lol, battle systems come across as a bunch of good chaps who put passion before profit, last time I saw that many red flags Berlin was under seige.

Onus bray

Back to top Go down

Post by thothkins 12/21/2017, 10:26 am

Smile
thothkins
thothkins

Back to top Go down

Post by Onus bray 12/22/2017, 6:21 am

Check out the comments battle, (YouTube) on the let's play load , undead Viking. It's brutal lol

Onus bray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down