Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monty Python's the Holy Grail Board Game (fan developed)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Monty Python's the Holy Grail Board Game (fan developed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Monty Python's the Holy Grail Board Game (fan developed)

Post by Marcia Karen Kane 9/8/2014, 9:02 pm

I just sent a message to ask him, I told him yesterday what I was up to. See if i can rope him in lol. Other wise Ill have to do that art course sooner lol.
Marcia Karen Kane
Marcia Karen Kane

Back to top Go down

Monty Python's the Holy Grail Board Game (fan developed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Monty Python's the Holy Grail Board Game (fan developed)

Post by Jeff La Belle 9/8/2014, 9:40 pm

Ha ha thanks!
Jeff La Belle
Jeff La Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff La Belle 9/9/2014, 6:52 am

ok made new skin, put Drew's stats in there for King Arthur.

Drew email me ok, i can send you the file this all comes from, that way we can build it real time?

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/99/26/76/new10.jpg
Jeff La Belle
Jeff La Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff La Belle 9/9/2014, 6:54 am

the spaces to the right are where you keep the weapon cards (top - from one deck you must purchase?) and he other is equipment cards (lower - another deck, random draw?)
Jeff La Belle
Jeff La Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff La Belle 9/9/2014, 6:56 am

also laser cut a bunch of mini stands for our images once done, will send file out to those interested, just PM or email me

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/99/26/76/mini_s10.jpg
Jeff La Belle
Jeff La Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Wim D. 9/9/2014, 9:24 am

Ugh, access to a laser cutter... I'm jealous! We'll have to keep account with that option when designing the final mini's.
Marcia, sounds great, keep us posted. I'll hold off on making too final designs for the mini's until we've got a consensus on the direction we're going with them.
Jeff, suggestion for the stat-cards. Once we have a design for the mini's, you could perhaps add a 'close-up' of the face to the card? Makes it easier to identify them.

Wim D.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff La Belle 9/9/2014, 9:40 am

Agreed, will try to leave some room, maybe upper part is name, middle left image, middle right stats and lower portion specials?

Then we need to get stats done on all, then next more game dynamics and mechanics, what's a turn consists of, etc
Jeff La Belle
Jeff La Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff La Belle 9/9/2014, 9:47 am

Missions - need to check order and we will need a paragraph describing which characters and baddies are. Involved, maps, general play objectives, special rules and winning rules
Rescue Fair Maiden(?) at Swamp Castle
Fart with the French
Find the Holy Hand Grenade
The Black knight
Cut a Tree with a Herring
to Repress or not Repress
Three Heads are Better than One
Bunnies
Holy Grail Lamps R Us
Three Questions
Jeff La Belle
Jeff La Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff La Belle 9/9/2014, 9:55 am

Turn sequence
Decide how many. Players there will be, 2-? Knights or follow missions suggestions
Select AI baddies or one player can play the baddies
Roll d6 highest roll goes first, counterclockwise from there OR whoever can say the Knights the now say.... Goes first
Round 1
Player can make 2 actions, choose between move, search (draw a card, might change number of cards drawn, how many can keep, etc based upon beta testing and what the cards are) attack baddie they are in base to base contact with or LOS with ranged weapon (grenade, cow, rabbit, etc) or run away (double movement if run in opposite direction from baddie)
Player can make 2 of any actions, for ex. can move twice, move then attack, attack then search, attack twice, etc
Next player goes
Rounds continue until the last player goes, if playing AI controlled baddies, they go last (develop special card deck for this or simple action, such as move towards nearest knight, take one item per successful attack)
Round 2
Jeff La Belle
Jeff La Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff La Belle 9/9/2014, 9:54 pm

One big rule, if I seem to ignore something you said, it's I forgot, just remind me, if we don't agree on anything, it's ok, let's compromise... Next are cards?
Jeff La Belle
Jeff La Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff La Belle 9/10/2014, 7:55 am

Cards:
[number of cards in deck] name (action/effect)
Weapons:
[4] Holy Hand Grenade (kills rabbits instantly)
[2] Excalibur (+2 on dice rolls)
[2] Tools of Repression (works only on peasants, remove them from board)
[2] Mace (+1 to dice roll)
[2] Sword (+1 to dice roll)
[2] Flail (+1 to dice roll)
[2] Battle Axe (+1 to dice roll)
[8] Shield (+1 to any roll)
[4] Cow-a-pult (consider as ammo, need to operate Cow-a-pult)

Equipment:
[8] Servant (when combined with a coconut, move 2x)
[8] Coconut (when combined with a servant, move 2x)
[4] Song (when with another knight +1 to health)
[4] A duck (immediately remove a delay or stunned marker)
[8] Cow for Cow-a-pult (consider as ammo, need to operate Cow-a-pult)
[8] Food (heals 2 health)
[4] Hankie (protects wearer from French farts)
[7] A Shubbery (allows you to escape the Knight who say Ni!)
[1] A Herring! (allows you to defeat the Knight who say Ni!)
[7] Grail Shaped beacons (does nothing)
[1] Holy Grail (wins the game!)
Jeff La Belle
Jeff La Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff La Belle 9/11/2014, 7:41 am

Latest revisions
Monty Python Holy Grail board game on BS Dungeon System
Game objectives:
Rules for game, search and find holy hand grenade, get the holy grail, find a herring, get some shrubbery, destroy black knight, the legendary beast of.. Find relics to take out rabbit infestation, avoid nasty French provocators and get past the police man.
Characters:
Wayne
Colin
Tim the Enchanter
King Arthur
Sir Lancelot
Sir Galahad
Sir Robin
Sir Bedevere
Sir Bors
Sir not appearing in this movie
Squires with coconuts
Patsy
Zoot
Baddies:
The black knight
Four French knights
The knights who say Ni
3 headed giant
Rabbit of Caerbannog
The Legendary Black Beast of Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh
The villagers
The bobbies
Fair maidens
Nuns of castle anthrax with the grail shaped beacon
NPC's (no effect except get in the way)
A famous historian
The monks
Roger the Shrubbier
Brother Maynard
Prince Herbert
king of a Swamp Castle
Guard
Hiccuping guard
Bridge Keeper
Objectives/equipment
Holy Grail
Grail shaped beacon
The herring
Swallows
A selection of shrubbery
The Holy Hand Grenade
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch
some special dice (they are a must)
normal weapons, upgrades e.g. Holy Hand Grenade etc.
a grail shaped beacon
back packs for the squires and coconuts
mud
witch dunking contraption
ducks
carrots
Cow-a-pult

Mechanics:
Ws weapon skill- roll opposing d10 +ws for result
LD leadership - roll below stat to pass
A attacks - no. Of attack dice each round
D defense - roll d +D stat to negate that many wound
W - no of wounds.
M - movement in inches

Black Knight
Ws 6 ld 10 A 2 D6 w60 m4
Immortal: forever 5 wounds taken reduce 1 stat line by 1.
If attacks reduced to 0 allowed to make one attack at half damage (bite your knee caps)
Damage 1d 10 +3

3 headed giant
Ws4 ld6 A2 D6 W40 M6
Stupid
Fear causing

Nuns special rules
'spanking 'once per game can enact if fail a ld test at -4 becomes unable to do anything but minister to all nuns in vicinity
Nuns: Sister Superior
Ws4 LD7 A2 D2 W10 M4
Nun
Ws3 ld 6 a 1 D 1 W8 M4

King Arthur
Ws 8 LD10 A3 D5 W20 M4

King Arthur - general knowledge feat: auto passes ld tests
- Excalibur: enemies cant reduce damage in any way.
-King: all knights gain +1 to damage dealt and +1ld
- coconuts +1 movement

Rabbit - 'tear your throat out' deals 1d10 +5 damage (critical damage on a natural 10 = death)
WS 5 Ld 10 M 8 A1 D4

Grail beacon - once active all movement of non-nuns must be towards a nominated location.(can be deactivated by nun or opposed ld in base contact)

Missions - need to check order and we will need a paragraph describing which characters and baddies are. Involved, maps, general play objectives, special rules and winning rules
Rescue Fair Maiden(?) at Swamp Castle - Great Hall
Fart with the French - high walls, need catapult still
Find the Holy Hand Grenade - gotta be a tower again
The Black knight - sewer and bridge
Cut a Tree with a Herring - big open setup
to Repress or not to Repress - anywhere cause its fun
Three Heads are Better than One - ???
Bunnies - some archway design reg or wide
Holy Grail Lamps R Us - an infamous tower some of the scifi people are building?
Three Questions - "the NONE SHALL PASS! Surprised)" setup

Turn sequence
Decide how many. Players there will be, 2-? Knights or follow missions suggestions
Select AI baddies or one player can play the baddies
Roll d6 highest roll goes first, counterclockwise from there OR whoever can say the Knights the now say.... Goes first
Round 1 Player can make 2 actions, choose between move, search (draw a card, might change number of cards drawn, how many can keep, etc based upon beta testing and what the cards are) attack baddie they are in base to base contact with or LOS with ranged weapon (grenade, cow, rabbit, etc) or run away (double movement if run in opposite direction from baddie)
Player can make 2 of any actions, for ex. can move twice, move then attack, attack then search, attack twice, etc
Next player goes
Rounds continue until the last player goes, if playing AI controlled baddies, they go last (develop special card deck for this or simple action, such as move towards nearest knight, take one item per successful attack)
Round 2 – repeat

Cards:
[number of cards in deck] name (action/effect)
Weapons:
[4] Holy Hand Grenade (kills rabbits instantly)
[2] Excalibur (+2 on dice rolls)
[2] Tools of Repression (works only on peasants, remove them from board)
[2] Mace (+1 to dice roll)
[2] Sword (+1 to dice roll)
[2] Flail (+1 to dice roll)
[2] Battle Axe (+1 to dice roll)
[8] Shield (+1 to any roll)
[4] Cow-a-pult (consider as ammo, need to operate Cow-a-pult)

Equipment:
[8] Servant (when combined with a coconut, move 2x)
[8] Coconut (when combined with a servant, move 2x)
[4] Song (when with another knight +1 to health)
[4] A duck (immediately remove a delay or stunned marker)
[8] Cow for Cow-a-pult (consider as ammo, need to operate Cow-a-pult)
[8] Food (heals 2 health)
[4] Hankie (protects wearer from French farts)
[7] A Shubbery (allows you to escape the Knight who say Ni!)
[1] A Herring! (allows you to defeat the Knight who say Ni!)
[7] Grail Shaped beacons (does nothing)
[1] Holy Grail (wins the game!)

Contributors
Drew
Marcia
Wim
Jeff La Belle
Jeff La Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff La Belle 9/16/2014, 9:25 am

When Wayne gets back his internet I sent him the updated lasercutter and print and play files, better organized, added some characters
Jeff La Belle
Jeff La Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff La Belle 9/17/2014, 7:49 am

Ok gang, got 40 stands lasercut and assembled (also make great doors for boardgames)
next adding the artwork (the temp files stuff)
https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/99/26/76/laser_10.jpg
Jeff La Belle
Jeff La Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff La Belle 9/20/2014, 9:18 am

ok until we get our dungeons and castles, i made some 2D doors out of the stands
https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/99/26/76/doors10.jpg
Jeff La Belle
Jeff La Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcia Karen Kane 9/22/2014, 1:57 am

They look brilliant Jeff,

After watching the movie, I have to say our memories have served us well.  There are a few places where the police catch different members of the round table before the charge at the end which we could incoporate into the game; eg if you land in a certain spot, depending on the role of the dice you may avoid capture and move ahead. Must run away lose a turn, or get charged for unruly behavior, carrying point things, yelling Ni at the police officers and generally being a nuisance.

In general you could use things like the monks that are self flagellating or annoying peasants, killer rabbits etc as a delay tactic. But the police are end game for the person who lands on their area and gets a bad role of the dice.

Just ideas and I'm sure you have already thought of them lol lol!
Marcia Karen Kane
Marcia Karen Kane

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff La Belle 9/22/2014, 7:39 am

I like that, basic mechanism to end a players game, nice! Ok, I think getting the following done and know who is working on them is key
- minis pictures or images (sign up here)
- player stats (sign up here)
- scenarios and proper order and objectives (sign up here)
- rules and general game play (sign up here)
- beta tester 1 (sign up here)
- beta tester 2 (sign up here)
- beta tester 3 (sign up here)

If everyone who is interested in helping just copy and paste the most recent version of the above sign up list, and replace sign up here with name and email, I can get you the most recent files to begin

Thanks all!!
Jeff La Belle
Jeff La Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff La Belle 9/22/2014, 10:21 am

Oh and I forgot, job descriptions and expectations

- minis pictures or images (sign up here) creation of artwork and incorporate into PnP files already developed, basically each of these "roles" are one person in charge but others helping out

- player stats (sign up here) creation of stats, balancing them, keeping them true to MPtHG characters, not forgetting anyone, help minis pictures or images person too and working with everyone is my guess

- scenarios and proper order and objectives (sign up here), one pagers, think zombicide, tell a story, work with map development and layout (this is probably all of us again), but it's the story, order, keeping it true to MPtHG

- rules and general game play (sign up here) mechanics, all about the game, how to play, how maps and set ups are laid out, might be a few of us working here

- beta tester 1 (sign up here) you get the idea, play it!
- beta tester 2 (sign up here)
- beta tester 3 (sign up here)
Jeff La Belle
Jeff La Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff La Belle 9/30/2014, 5:27 pm

The LARPers are coming we can get resin or metal Knights, Arthur and patsy!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/687110463/z-clipz-outbreak-28mm-zombie-and-survivor-miniatur/posts/994977
Jeff La Belle
Jeff La Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff La Belle 2/28/2015, 2:04 pm

Ok gang... had to develop a simple print and play version to get restarted. Will email a copy to those interested asap
Jeff La Belle
Jeff La Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcia Karen Kane 3/1/2015, 8:59 am

Hi Jeff,
Would love to nab a copy and give it a go
Marcia Karen Kane
Marcia Karen Kane

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff La Belle 3/1/2015, 10:45 am

Ha ha of course you are on the short list!  Just at the components included, needed and bullet rules stage... Should be soon
Jeff La Belle
Jeff La Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2