Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you playing on Battle Systems when it arrives?

+15
KingZombie
Marcia Karen Kane
Beermonkey
Helljin
penal battalion
Blue in VT
Waynio
DrakePoldragon
Warker
sGiilsgaard
Capn Blackheart
chaosanderson
Horncastle
Claus Paludan
carcharodon
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What are you playing on Battle Systems when it arrives? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing on Battle Systems when it arrives?

Post by RudeReality 12/19/2017, 10:01 pm

@king zombie: have your son play Xcom (console version) if he hasn't already, then get Infinity and get him into that. It's pretty much the analog version of Xcom and you should have no issues getting him interested in it, the gameplay is very similar in how it works- and the minis are Beautiful, surely he can find a faction that grabs him. Have him help you set up the BS terrain when you set up the board- he will be hooked in no time
RudeReality
RudeReality

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on Battle Systems when it arrives? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you playing on Battle Systems when it arrives?

Post by KingZombie 12/20/2017, 5:22 pm

Good idea.  I'll see if I can't get him into it.  Is it on Steam as well?  

Wasn't there an Xcom Board Game released?
KingZombie
KingZombie

http://beattysensei.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RudeReality 12/20/2017, 5:46 pm

It's probably on Steam, can't imagine it wouldn't be. Any version would work, but with these kids, I'd get the most recent version, as they likely won't appreciate the older graphics of the original games, even though the gameplay is superior. When transitioning to Infinity, have the boy check out all the available factions and see what peaks his interest- there is a flavor for every taste. If I'd hazard a guess, knowing the youth, I'd say probably the best bets are Ariadna (think Braveheart meets werewolves with present day military), Panociana (Crusader Knights), and Yu Jing (Space Ninjas and Samurai.)
As to the Xcom game, I've not looked into it, myself, but others who have are posting negative things about the parent company and poor campaign fulfillment...I'd stay way. But don't take my word for it, check the BS comment page- they have been discussing it the last few days
RudeReality
RudeReality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2