Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you playing on Battle Systems when it arrives?

+15
KingZombie
Marcia Karen Kane
Beermonkey
Helljin
penal battalion
Blue in VT
Waynio
DrakePoldragon
Warker
sGiilsgaard
Capn Blackheart
chaosanderson
Horncastle
Claus Paludan
carcharodon
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What are you playing on Battle Systems when it arrives? Empty What are you playing on Battle Systems when it arrives?

Post by carcharodon 12/5/2013, 5:44 am

I pulled the plug on the AVP KS, simply due to a lack of funds, what with Christmas around the corner. Think I'll try out Space Hulk first, perhaps a few games of 40k, and fingers crossed, it'll lend itself to Relic Knights.

Guess that answers the question on how adaptable the system is.
carcharodon
carcharodon

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on Battle Systems when it arrives? Empty Re: What are you playing on Battle Systems when it arrives?

Post by Claus Paludan 12/5/2013, 6:01 am

I am planning on running a 5150:New Beginnings (modified) campaign with my son having a single character to start out with.

I have begun some detailing for the other main characters : Codetrolls Blog

I will add some aliens (not from AvP unfortunately) and various police forces. My sons character will be a smugler type thingy that has to run from the police etc.. Plus he has a military experimental android with him (unknown to him) that several corporation operatives are hunting for... as well as the military of course..

That should gives input enough for many small games of 5150...

Claus Paludan

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on Battle Systems when it arrives? Empty Re: What are you playing on Battle Systems when it arrives?

Post by Horncastle 12/5/2013, 10:51 am

I plan on playing 40K mostly. I've wanted to play "zone mortalis" games since Forge World first put out the experimental rules for it. When I saw Battle Systems it seemed perfect for it (not to mention quite a bit cheaper then the Forge World terrain).

Horncastle

Back to top Go down

Post by carcharodon 12/5/2013, 11:07 am

I'd forgotten that there were Zone Mortalis rules, I might have to download those and give them a try. The FW terrain left me cold, too generic IMO and looks like a rat maze, well, that and the cost, I appreciate that it's resin vs cardboard but just compare the amount of terrain you get for £90.

The crashed thunderhawk tile is worth every penny though!
carcharodon
carcharodon

Back to top Go down

Post by Horncastle 12/5/2013, 11:12 am

I could never put my finger on it; but now that you mention it it does look like a rat maze. I don't mind paying Forge World prices for minis (I've got 2 contemptor dreads and some of the MKIII armour kits) the cost for the terrain is to much.

Horncastle

Back to top Go down

Post by chaosanderson 12/5/2013, 3:29 pm

Planning on using this for Relic Knights but will be funny to see which actually arrives first... Battlesystems or Relic Knights

Also Robotech rpg tactics will work for certain scenarios i imagine.    I've given up playing GW games so actually going to look into the list of games for some fun alternative games... if I can convince any of the game group to give something other than GW and Warmachine a chance.

chaosanderson

Back to top Go down

Post by Capn Blackheart 12/5/2013, 3:54 pm

I am planning on Star Wars miniatures, Space Hulk, I caved and went for AVP mainly so that I could play it on this terrain. I've been looking at Infinity miniatures and am really quite tempted by them. I backed rivet wars, and while battle systems isn't at all steam punky I am wondering if that will play in one form or another as well.

Capn Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by sGiilsgaard 12/5/2013, 4:03 pm

Hi guys I plan to play wh40k (Tyranids / Dark Eldar / Spacemarines ) to start with, maybe some Space Hulk og I will probably give Zone Mortalis a try as well. Looking forward to see the final system and of course to do some battle in it.

sGiilsgaard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warker 12/6/2013, 11:02 am

Hy dudes !
I am here thanks to Prodos and their AVP KS. I will mainly use BS with AVP but also with AT 43 maybe... have to think about dealing without the Armoured vehicles... or a two part table Smile

Warker

Back to top Go down

Post by DrakePoldragon 12/6/2013, 6:47 pm

It'll be WH40k for me, definately going to try the Zone Mortalis rules in it. As was mentioned during the KS, Deadzone should be great on the board with a little adaption. Space Hulk and Space Crusade are on the list to try, as is Warzone when some new rules come out.

Infinity is fun, but the game didn't quite sit with my mates so I don't see it getting too much use there. I'm not sure what else, but 40k is going to rock. Smile

DrakePoldragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Waynio 12/6/2013, 9:24 pm

Necromunda. Oh, yeah.
Waynio
Waynio

http://www.battlesystems.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by thothkins 12/8/2013, 6:58 pm

An Aliens game.
thothkins
thothkins

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue in VT 12/9/2013, 10:06 am

I'll be playing Rogue Trader 40k...with some mods for interior spaces....the zone mortalis rules have some good ideas.

...unless something better appears..Smile

Cheers,

Blue

Blue in VT

Back to top Go down

Post by penal battalion 12/12/2013, 8:24 am

7TV for me 'Drakes 11' and some spy-fi stuff.

penal battalion

Back to top Go down

Post by Helljin 12/12/2013, 1:38 pm

I have a bunch of Alien and Predator Horrorclix and some Halo Marine Actionclix I rebased on 25mm round bases I want to use with Battle-systems. I need to come up with a rule set to use with these.

Helljin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beermonkey 12/23/2013, 7:13 pm

I'l be playing a LOT of Pulp City on these boards. I think Deadzone will also work really well on this too. I know they have their own stuff but when has that ever stopped a true gamer. Plus some MERCs and Sedition Wars (modified of course). Once they show up I expect to play Relic Knights and Robotech on here too.

Beermonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue in VT 12/29/2013, 1:33 am

I'm also going to be trying Victory Decision: Future Combat with this terrain. Brand new rule set...a description can be found here:
http://www.wargamevault.com/product/123481/Victory-Decision-Future-Combat

Btw this rule set is NOT on the list yet.

Cheers,

Blue

Blue in VT

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcia Karen Kane 9/22/2014, 10:07 am

I have dungeon saga on the way and Avp so I think thats more than enough to start with. I have never played this kind of game before so Im looking forward to it. alien
Marcia Karen Kane
Marcia Karen Kane

Back to top Go down

Post by KingZombie 12/17/2017, 3:02 pm

Hmmmm... Core Space...unless I cave and get other terrain before it arrives.

Then AVP.
KingZombie
KingZombie

http://beattysensei.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Smith 12/18/2017, 7:54 am

@Kingzombie I'd recommend it, AvP works really well, I use the CO2 scrubbers for vents, but would heartily recommend infinity on sci-fi2

Oliver Smith

Back to top Go down

Post by Azikin 12/18/2017, 9:41 am

I have the first edition of AvP. Frankly, I don't like the rules much and I also don't have a chance to play 3P. But I sure would like to use the minis I painted.. Cool
How do you guys plan to play AvP using Core Space terrain? It seems to me it's quite different from AvP tiles...

Azikin

Back to top Go down

Post by thothkins 12/18/2017, 12:42 pm

For BS terrain, I started just proxying what a tile would be in the terrain, without getting too hung up on it. The BS mats are quite nicely sectioned, so "tiles" are easy to pick up on.

Then I went with the movement in the beta of the AVP wargame rules.

Then I experimented with squares, like the old Leading Edge game.

Once I started changing the rules for AVP, I didn't stop. Smile Not many of the core ones left.
thothkins
thothkins

Back to top Go down

Post by KingZombie 12/19/2017, 7:47 am

@Thothkins Have a copy of those rules you use? I'd love to see them.
I haven't had a chance yet to play. I'm going to try and get my boys into it. My oldest is video games all the way. There is still hope with my youngest.
KingZombie
KingZombie

http://beattysensei.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thothkins 12/19/2017, 1:26 pm

Scattered across lots of sheets of paper with hand written notes. I was definitely using hand written proxy character cards.

I was going to pull them all together, but if I'm going to be playing Core Space... well, I'll see Smile
thothkins
thothkins

Back to top Go down

Post by Azikin 12/19/2017, 1:52 pm

I think that Core Space rules will be much better than the AvP ones.. I'd rather just use the minis from AvP with another rules system.. Cool

Azikin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next