Infected walls will be infected on both sides. - Discuss

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Have Battle Systems got the infected wall mix correct?

22% 22% 
[ 2 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
22% 22% 
[ 2 ]
33% 33% 
[ 3 ]
22% 22% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

Infected walls will be infected on both sides. - Discuss

Post by JasonJ on 1/15/2014, 6:27 am

Battle Systems has announced that the infected wall sets will have all parts infected on both sides. This means that it will be impossible to isolate an infected area - you're always going to end up with rooms that are infected on one side, but not the other. Wayne originally suggested a mix whereby one wall and the door would be infested on both sides, but the other walls would be infested only on one side. The theory is that the double sided wall and door would be useful to divide infested areas, and the single sided walls would allow isolation of the infested area from the rest of the terrain.

Are you happy with the decision they've made?

There is a third way - which would be for them to do a print run of room kits that are all mixed (infestation on one side, normal on the other). Then you could choose to buy x number of double sided infested room kits, and y number of single sided infested room kits. While this would be ideal (I think), it would add complication and need an amendment to the backer kit, and additionally complicate shipping. It may not be possible, but it's worth asking I think if enough people would find it useful.

(multiple choice poll)

JasonJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Infected walls will be infected on both sides. - Discuss

Post by JasonJ on 1/15/2014, 6:29 am

I wanted a mix. To my mind, either all double skinned or all single skinned makes no sense at all. I'd have been buying enough sets that a combination of all double and all single sets would have been an option, and I'm guessing I'm not alone, so making sets like that would have allowed BS to keep everyone happy - the double skin fans could have gone for those sets, the singles would have their sets, and the rest of us would buy one or more of each,

The alternative as it stands (and it seems almost heretical to suggest it), is that I'm going to end up running wall and door sections through my scanner and printing my own skins onto thin cardstock so that I can slot them in over the walls either to infest them, or to uninfest them.

JasonJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue in VT on 1/15/2014, 10:10 am

I'm fine with both sides...I only want an infested room or two anyway.

Cheers,

Blue

Blue in VT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonJ on 1/15/2014, 11:36 am

well one won't be possible now, because by definition the room next door will be infected as well (on all sides, so potentially 4 extra rooms or more depending on your layout).

It ain't a show stopper by any means, and as I say personally I'll get around it, but it is a shame that I'll have to resort to such tactics.

JasonJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleJohn on 1/15/2014, 2:39 pm

JasonJ; the other alternative is that you can have the infested wall on the edge next to a bunker or possibly have a room above to hide the other walls. Yes this is very limiting but an option.

LittleJohn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonJ on 1/15/2014, 3:22 pm

LittleJohn, I was hoping to be able to make an isolated egg room - I'd have all the interior walls infested but no obvious infestation from the outside / rest of the base. Even using the edges of the playing area, the all double set still means 2 walls infested on the wrong side.

I just feel the mixed set, which was (I believe) Wayne's idea, and they'll be seemingly doing with the clean walls, made a lot more sense. That would have allowed isolated rooms and even divided isolated rooms. The double skin throughout option doesn't really work no matter how you look at it.

JasonJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thothkins on 1/19/2014, 7:16 pm

I see pics of the infested walls are up, in case anyone missed them.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1621774283/battle-systemstm-sci-fi-modular-terrain/posts/717772

Very nice they are too. I'm still a little concerned at just how many I think I may need Smile

thothkins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top